Kitchen Commando: Pantry Challenge

Over the next couple of weeks I'm devoting myself to creating meals that use up the dry ingredients in my pantry.  I've taken a couple of shots of the contents so you could see the interesting carbohydrate heavy foods left at my disposal.  I'll post what I make as I work my way down the list.  Keep a look out for great pantry-based recipe ideas!

Pantry contents (in no particular order):

Protein powder
3 kinds of cereal
Oatmeal
6 kinds of oil
4 kinds of vineagar
1 can of black beans
1 can of baked beans
Chicken stock
Corn meal
Grits
Risotto
Wild rice
Basmati rice
Brown rice
Dried cherries
Dried cranberries 
Raisins
6 kinds of crackers
Shortbread and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
Graham crackers
Honey
Baking staples, i.e. sugar, flour, chocolate chips, etc.

Comments

  1. I have two requests, would you evaluate the Ruth's Chris Steak house calamari and the Cheese Cake Factory strawberry shortcake?

    They meet your approval for a write up, perhaps...

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to pay each of those restaurants a visit. Coming soon...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts